Jun 25, 2018
In this week’s episode, Molly speaks with Indigenous Diné
transdisciplinary artist Demian DinéYazhi´(they/them). Demian is
the founder and director of the artist/activist initiative R.I.S.E.: Radical Indigenous
Survivance & Empowerment. Topics include:
- “The only option for being queer was death. And the only option
for being a Native person was death, as well.”
- Decolonializing concepts of sex, love, gender identity, and
sexual orientation for future generations.
- Defining “radical indigenous queer feminism.”
- Creating resources and platforms for queer, trans, and
Two-Spirit Indigenous artists.
- Growing up queer during the AIDS crisis.
Read more about our This Week in Gender topic
here. (And please let us know your thoughts!)
Find Damien’s work on Tumblr and Etsy. Damien is
also on Instagram at @heterogeneoushomosexual
Send us your comments, questions, and feelings at
email@example.com or on Twitter. You can also
submit questions anonymously here.
We greatly appreciate donations via Patreon or PayPal. Donate $5+ to
receive stickers in the mail!
Sponsors: YOU! Thank