Jul 9, 2018
In this week’s episode, Molly speaks with writer and Ph.D.
student Alaina Monts
(they/them), whose research focuses on queer women of color and
non-binary people of color. Topics include:
- Grappling with family trauma by writing
a love letter to butch queers.
- Using federal dollars to study queer SM communities of
- Rethinking “femme” as an identity beyond an aesthetic.
- Practicing Christianity as a queer and trans person.
- Exploring nonbinary identity at A-Camp.
Read more about our This Week in Gender topic
Find Alaina’s writing on Autostraddle, and
follow them on Twitter (@alainamonts).
Send us your comments, questions, and feelings at
firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter. You can also
submit questions anonymously here.
We greatly appreciate donations via Patreon or PayPal. Donate $5+ to
receive stickers and other fun stuff.
Sponsors: YOU! Thank